Read part 2 and 3 of your graphic novel. Complete the blog activities as they are posted to the site.
Read the first section of your graphic novel.
1. Divide your graphic novel into 4 roughly equal chunks. At this point, all of the students reading your novel will have to confer so that students are reading at the same pace.
2. Mark each section with a sticky note.
3. Begin reading section 1.
Go to the wordpress site and begin the process of creating your own blog site. Follow the step-by-step instructions on the site. Try not to get too fancy at this point. Instead, focus on signing up, selecting a theme and writing your first post. Complete each of the following steps:
A. Sign Up using an email account
B. Record your username, your password and the url of the blog on the BLOG SIGN UP SHEET with Mr. Dhami immediately
C. Create your blog by selecting a theme.
Click here to go to the wordpress login page
Complete a quick internet search on the graphic novels Maus and Wolverine: Origins to help you select one of the graphic novels to read. Try to get a feel for each one, but avoid reading spoilers or big chunks of analysis.
1. Do a quick internet search on both novels.
2. Make a set of point form notes on why you picked your novel as that will be the topic of your first blog post.
3. After you complete your research, select one of the graphic novels and sign it out from the library.
Next: Activity 2